You should never work for someone, unless you would hire them in an alternative universe
Fully Remote (global and regional) Impact Jobs – weekly updates.
This is the third monthly update within my 1-year challenge.
I launched a Linkedin group to share remote impact job opportunities (Remote Impact Jobs) a few months ago while searching for a meaningful job opportunity myself. Following a marathon of 50+ interviews and exploratory calls last year I got into, what I call, an ‘’impact job seeker dilemma’’. Paraphrasing Phil Knight – ’’The junk merchant doesn’t sell his product to the consumer, he sells the consumer to his product’’, – I failed to sell different companies/job offers to myself. Life was pushing me in another direction, and that’s how I came up with my 1-year challenge and decided to focus on my very own project LeanVentures this year.
It is starting to take more and more time to monitor and share job offers in the Linkedin group though. And then it is definitely not the easiest way to proceed:
- thousands of job offers are published daily (even on weekends);
- pretty much anything is called an impact job and it is hard to avoid irrelevant employers/job offers;
- key details are missing in most of the jobs offers (exact remote location (region/country/time zone), deadlines, days the offers were posted, etc.);
- some of the offers are getting reposted and I therefore happen to share some of the opportunities several times;
- the number of posts is limited, they get lost in the group thread, and there is no way to sort them by categories (sustainability, social impact, ESG, environment..).
And the list goes on.
All in all, although the Remote Impact Jobs Linkedin group serves its purpose, it does not seem to be the most efficient way to help impact job seekers. So, the idea is to make it easier for anyone looking for a remote impact job to monitor the relevant job offers. Let’s see how the group can be turned into a job platform over the next few weeks. There is no single solution to solve all the problems. I will therefore choose a niche. There are already too many job listings after all.
Are you looking for a remote job with a purpose – feel free to join the Remote Impact Jobs Linkedin group (200+ remote (mostly global and EU/US-based) impact job opportunities weekly) to be the first to know about the platform launch.
Here is also my collection of resources for your (remote) impact job search. Global and regional fellowship opportunities for impact entrepreneurs can be found here.
Get access to dozens of upcoming deadlines (online programs, fellowships, awards, competitions, incubators, accelerators, and more) for $15/month. You can also follow #LVfinds on Twitter and Linkedin for occasional updates.